Wednesday, March 28, 2012

ODBC driver for windows 2003 64bit

Hi All,

I have installed windows 2003 R2 64bit on one of the system, but my devlopment team pointed out that there is no odbc driver available.

I check it for odbc driver on OS cd but i do not found any relevant files/packages, can any one tell me from where I can download the ODBC driver for windows 2003 64bit OS.

Thanks & Regards

Varian

An ODBC driver connects to a particular database backend server (Oracle, SQL Server, etc). What specific ODBC driver are you looking for?|||

There is definitely a SQL Server driver for 64-bit. SQLSRV32.DLL ships with the OS, and SQLNCLI.DLL (used with SQL Server 2005) can be downloaded from the microsoft website.

I think you may be correct, though, about non-SQL Server drivers no being available on 64-bit clients.

|||

I have the same problem. My company works with the windows server 2003 R2 64 bits and we can't use an Access DB in our Site because this version doesn't have the drivers for accessing Access Databases. Can someone help?

Thanks

|||

Hi,

Can you help me with ODBC drivers for MS Excel and MS Access... My organisation needs the same.

Regards

Ramakrishnan M

|||

Try looking at the post http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1239339&SiteID=1, which I believe answers your question. Here's a clip:

64-bit MSDASQL (both AMD64 and IA64) will be released in Windows Longhorn Server Beta 3 and Windows Vista SP1.

Pak-Ming Cheung,

MDAC Team, MSFT.


No comments:

Post a Comment