Friday, March 30, 2012

ODBC driver needed for Compact Edition

I have the newest 'Everywhere' Compact Edition installed, and have created a new desktop database using VS 2005 after installing the VS 2005 SP1 Beta, all successfully. I have no need to use the Mobile components and no need to syncronize to a mobile device. I can connect to the database programatically in VB.NET no problem.

Instead, I want to connect to the desktop database using MS Access. So far, I can't connect using the standard (old) SQLServer ODBC driver, and haven't found any new driver, either. Am I just premature and need to be patient? Does anyone know if there's one in the works? Or am I the only one to have thought of it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Merle Nicholson

SQL Server Compact (was Everywhere) Edition does not have ODBC Driver. It has OLEDB and ADO.NET providers right now.

Thanks,

Laxmi

No comments:

Post a Comment