Friday, March 30, 2012

ODBC DSN ....

Hello .
im programing a one application
in Delphi . and my program connected to
sql server successfully . but thats not why
im calling . suppose i exported my program ( .exe )
and sell it . as you know in users pc DSN dosnt
exist in odbc . can they open my program without
DSN in their systems ? or i must create DSN File
and export it by Setup in Users pc ?
Help me please . thanks for your worksYou can use dsn-less connections or you could
programmatically create the needed DSN as part of your
setup/install package. I'm not sure how to code it in Delphi
but the following are VB examples that might help you get
started:
HOWTO: Create and Remove a DSN in Visual Basic
http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...b;EN-US;q171146
HOWTO: Programmatically Create a DSN for SQL Server with VB
http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...b;EN-US;q184608
-Sue
On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 01:39:50 -0800, "Toxi_boy"
<stanboy733@.hotmail.com> wrote:
quote:

>Hello .
>im programing a one application
>in Delphi . and my program connected to
>sql server successfully . but thats not why
>im calling . suppose i exported my program ( .exe )
>and sell it . as you know in users pc DSN dosnt
>exist in odbc . can they open my program without
>DSN in their systems ? or i must create DSN File
>and export it by Setup in Users pc ?
>Help me please . thanks for your works
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment