Friday, March 30, 2012

ODBC driver problem occurs on table create

Hi all!

I get the following error when trying to create a table:
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Named Pipes]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Named Pipes]ConnectionOpen (Connect()).

I use the same connection for table updates and selects and never have a problem. This only happens on table create. It also only happens on one machine (Win2K with SQL server 2000 Enterprise Edition). I've run this app without getting this problem on at least ten other machines (mostly WinXP, but also a few Win2K).

Any ideas?

nscdDoes the account that you're using have permissions on that SQL Server to create new tables?|||Yes it does.

I've also changed it so that I connect using the sa account, but still get the same problem.

Cheers

nscd|||Hi all

Further investigation has revealed that my client's machine was fairly out of date and installing the latest MDAC patch from MS resolved the problem.

Cheers

nscd

No comments:

Post a Comment