Friday, March 30, 2012

ODBC DSN for SQL Database

Hi,

I am trying to configure DSN for a remote SQL database using Windows authentication. When I logn with a user ID and configure the DSN, it's working fine. But when I logout and login with another user ID, DSN test is failing with the following message.

Connection Failed:
SQL state 28000
SQL Server Error 18456
Microsoft ODBC SQLServer Driver SQL Server Login failed
for user.

Can any one please let me know how can I configure DSN so that it should work irrespective of what domain account I use to logon to the server later?

Thanks in advance.

Srini.Hi Srini

It sounds like only the first windows account (User ID) has access to SQLServer?

You can also test connectivity by trying to connect using one of the command line tools. I like to try this with SQLCmd (for SQL Server 2005) or osql (for SQL Server 2000)

Try either

sqlcmd -S<your server name here> -E
or
osql -S<your server name here> -E

The -E option tells the tools to use Windows Authentication.

Regards

Steve|||

Hello Steve my name is Chris and i have the same problem with the SQL that Srini has had but when i tried to run the "osql -S <My Server> -E i get the error Cannot generate SSPI context message please help me and point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Chris....

No comments:

Post a Comment