Friday, March 30, 2012

odbc driver?

Hello,
It has been over 5 years since I've had to use MS SQL.
I'm finding out the interface has changed and now I can't figure out how
to install the ODBC driver to a Server 2003 R2 box.
It's not where it used to be.
I've searched MS knowledge base but can't find anything.
Can someone please point me in the right direction.
thank you,
SeanAre you sure it's not already there? It should be - MDAC is
part of the OS. I can't remember when they started calling
it MDAC but it was previously referred to as Universal Data
Access and you had the ODBC driver packs, etc. Now it's just
MDAC and MDAC is part of the OS so most MS drivers are
installed as part of the OS.
On the server from the start button, go to All Programs then
to Administrative Tools. From there select Data Sources
(ODBC) to bring up the ODBC Data Source Administrator
window. Click on the drivers tab and that will list the
drivers that are installed.
-Sue
On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 08:27:19 -0700, Sean <nomail@.here.com>
wrote:

>Hello,
>It has been over 5 years since I've had to use MS SQL.
>I'm finding out the interface has changed and now I can't figure out how
>to install the ODBC driver to a Server 2003 R2 box.
>It's not where it used to be.
>I've searched MS knowledge base but can't find anything.
>Can someone please point me in the right direction.
>thank you,
>Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment