Friday, March 30, 2012

ODBC DSN SQL Port settings

Hello
I need to create two DSN's on one machine, both pointing to different
SQL Databases (but housed on the same remote server). One runs on the
standard 1433 port and the other on port 1075.
I have both of these setup, but I cannot use a different port in both.
If I set it to 1433 in DSN 1, DSN 2 automatically uses that port. If I
set DSN 2 to 1075, DSN 1 reverts to 1075. Is there any way to use
different ports using the same SQL ODBC driver?
LeonOK, it looks like I've fixed this.
It appears to revert to the same port number if the Server Name in the
DSN is the same. A quick look through the registry confirmed this.
I'm now using a hostname for one of them and the server IP address for
the other. Not the ideal solution, but it works|||Leon...I read your post with interest. I've got a similar situation on the
server side that you do. I need to have two databases running on the same
server with different IP ports (a vendor has an app with a hard-coded IP
port). Up to now I thought I had to add a seperate instance on the server
for it to listen to two different ports.
I know your original email was talking about the DSN settings, but how did
you configure the server side to be listening to two ports?
Thanks for any information.
Bob
"leonvd@.gmail.com" wrote:

> OK, it looks like I've fixed this.
> It appears to revert to the same port number if the Server Name in the
> DSN is the same. A quick look through the registry confirmed this.
> I'm now using a hostname for one of them and the server IP address for
> the other. Not the ideal solution, but it works
>|||To listen on multiple ports, use the Server Network Utility
and enter the port numbers, separated by commas in the
TCP/IP properties. You need to restart the service for the
settings to take effect.
-Sue
On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 07:39:01 -0700, RL Coppedge
<RLCoppedge@.hotmail.com.(nospam)> wrote:
[vbcol=seagreen]
>Leon...I read your post with interest. I've got a similar situation on the
>server side that you do. I need to have two databases running on the same
>server with different IP ports (a vendor has an app with a hard-coded IP
>port). Up to now I thought I had to add a seperate instance on the server
>for it to listen to two different ports.
>I know your original email was talking about the DSN settings, but how did
>you configure the server side to be listening to two ports?
>Thanks for any information.
>Bob
>
>"leonvd@.gmail.com" wrote:
>|||Cool! Thanks for the fast reply!
Bob
"Sue Hoegemeier" wrote:

> To listen on multiple ports, use the Server Network Utility
> and enter the port numbers, separated by commas in the
> TCP/IP properties. You need to restart the service for the
> settings to take effect.
> -Sue
> On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 07:39:01 -0700, RL Coppedge
> <RLCoppedge@.hotmail.com.(nospam)> wrote:
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment