Friday, March 30, 2012

ODBC drivers

Hi
On our SQL 2000 Std server, when creating a ODBC there are no drivers to
chose from (i.e SQL DSN etc). Even when installing addtional SQL instance
we get a Cannot find default Data Source message)
I have tried reinstalling MDAC 2.7 but the ODBC drivers does not appear in
the drivers tabs in ODBC admin tool.
I am stuck to why this is happening. Any help/advice to resolve this
strange problem.
p.s i can use Enterprise Manager from my working station to connect to the
SQL server ( but not on the server itself)
Regards
James DownesI have solved the problem. I imported the ODBC registry keys from a working
ODBC server.
Regards
Z
"Zenduce" <james@.zenduce.net> wrote in message
news:#EFueg4SDHA.1916@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi
> On our SQL 2000 Std server, when creating a ODBC there are no drivers to
> chose from (i.e SQL DSN etc). Even when installing addtional SQL
instance
> we get a Cannot find default Data Source message)
> I have tried reinstalling MDAC 2.7 but the ODBC drivers does not appear
in
> the drivers tabs in ODBC admin tool.
> I am stuck to why this is happening. Any help/advice to resolve this
> strange problem.
> p.s i can use Enterprise Manager from my working station to connect to
the
> SQL server ( but not on the server itself)
> Regards
> James Downes
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment